24 August 2013

The Fog


The Fog: Blakes Gold Edition arrived from Boomkat a few days ago and I confess, it's a thing of beauty.

Words from Bookat:
**One off limited edition repress on double gold 180gm vinyl, in a super heavyweight gatefold casebound tip on sleeve** Death Waltz sashay forth with this massively anticipated remastered reissue of John Carpenter's seminal soundtrack to his horror classic, 'The Fog' (1980). One disc features the original score composed by John Carpenter, and performed by the director/musician with The Bowling Green-Warren County Chamber Orchestra; a bonus second disc includes all of the original movie cues which have never been made available on vinyl before. Together with Dinos Chapman's chilling cover image - "I decided to do exactly what K.A.B. radio warned me against: I looked deep into the fog on Antonio Bay and this image is what I saw" - it amounts to a genuine fantasy package for even the most hardened horror fanatic.